Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Twenty Ninth Sunday

It is very hard to describe God’s love and concern for us. It is so much more than we will ever know in human terms. God loves us as much as any parent ever could demonstrate.  The simple fact from today’s parable is that God directs us to ask Him with persistence.

The problem in my experience of prayer is that I often forget to consult God.  I may be slow to getting around to the idea consider that God might even be interested in THIS particular current problem, whatever that may be; or that He might even inspire me and help me towards a resolution of my present worry or concern. I am slow to bring specific things to prayer. The fact is, however, that God is interested in every aspect of my being – Spiritual, Physical, and Intellectual, in my Relationships and in my present Emotional state (summed up in the acronym ‘SPIRE’). Whatever is going on in my life right now, God is interested - and He wants to help but He gives us free will. God has the answer ready and He will answer us – ‘in God’s good time’ if we trust Him enough. And that is surely the point of prayer – that it is all about a confident abiding relationship with Him. Asking for what I want is the first step - and then  with persistnt asking framing my petition in terms of trusting that I will recieve what God may want for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home